Friday, April 24, 2015

The Boston Marathon

One of the biggest and most anticipated Marathons just happened this past Monday. The Boston Marathon attracted over 36,000 in this year's event. I live in New Hampshire, about an hour from Boston and everybody gets very excited for the event. Many drive into the city to experience the exciting atmosphere.



People always ask me, since I am a distance runner, if I will ever run the race. I would love to run the Boston Marathon someday. With a busy college track schedule in the spring, it is impossible to run the marathon until I am out of college. A 26 mile race takes a large toll on the body for a longer period of time that most people think. The body takes weeks to recover which is the reason most distance runners who like to compete in multiple marathons only run in a couple per year.

Someday I will run the Boston Marathon so I can say I ran in one of the most prestigious marathons in the world. I believe it is a special feeling to run the race and viewers respect the runners for it,

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed hearing about your experiences running track this semester. I wish you continued success and thanks for the running tips!

    ReplyDelete