Thursday, April 9, 2015

Idolizing Professional Runners

The olympics is one of the only times where viewers who do not compete in or follow track and field actually watch the events and hear about the professionals who have been training for years.  People become very interested in the different track events and the individuals competing in them. For a track athlete like myself, I follow these athletes on social media and read about them every day. I idolize these professional distance runners because I can relate to how hard they train and the strict lifestyle that they live to be successful.

I also understand exactly how fast their personal records are. Some of the American professionals that I follow are Leo Manzano (ran a mile in 3:50), Galen Rupp (ran a 5k in 12:58) and Nick Symmonds (ran the half mile in 1:42.9) 



Knowing how amazing these runners are is the reason I am very interested in how they train, what their daily routines are like, how many miles they run per day, and what kind of food they eat. I believe that the closer I can match the training of these professionals the better runner I will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment